Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.
Posted by Admin on March, 20, 2020
There are a few important chemical powders in the market which serve multiple purposes and often health benefits too. In this article, you will get to know about a few majorly used of them, such as calcite powder, dolomite powder, lime powder, trichloroisocyanuric acid powder and bentonite powder.
1. Calcite powder – calcite powder is the original form of calcium carbonate which is recognized by its super high whiteness, free-flowing nature and purity.
• High dispersibility
• Lower absorption to oil
• Higher resistance to impact
• Smooth finish on the surface
• Easy processing
• Polymer compatibility
• Superb dimensional stability
Application areas (industrial):
• LDPE master batches
• Rigid PVC pipes
• Welding rods
• Ceramic, Inks, Paints and Powder coating
• Leather cloth
• Furniture and automotive
• Glass and textile
2. Dolomite powder – dolomite is a popularly used rock forming mineral. Its chemical formula is CaMg(CO3)2.
• Colour –black, brown, grey, green, pin, white, or colourless.
• Diaphaneity – translucent to transparent
• Mohs hardness – 3.5 to 4
• Specific gravity – 2.8 to 2.9
• Construction aggregate
• In lime production, it is calcined
• Dimension stone
• Cement manufacture
• In the chemical industry, to produce magnesia
• Gas and oil reservoir
• Metallurgical flux
• Soil treatments in agriculture
3. Lime powder – lime powder or chuna is a version of sedimentary rock. Its chemical formula is CaCO3. It is a popular ingredient in the building & construction, chemical and healthcare industry. In Ayurveda, lime powder is mentioned for its numerous health benefits.
Lime powder can be used by mixing with honey, curd, water, etc. It offers various health benefits such as –
• Makes bones strong
• Good for teeth
• Reduces joint inflammation
• Benefits in pregnancy
• Improves memory
• Aids in digestion
• Improves skin health
• Heals wound
Other industrial uses:
Besides health, limestone offers huge day-to-day benefits in –
• Water treatment
• Healthy water bodies
• Improving soil quality
4. Trichloroisocyanuric acid powder – it is a sandy white powder with a chlorine odour.
• It is a water disinfectant and serves the similar purpose for other bleaching agents too. It releases chlorine gas while burning.
• It is a respiratory and eye irritant.
• It is considered as level 2 hazard for reactivity and health.
• It is used for controlling biofouling in cooling water, industrial water and swimming pool systems.
• It is a cost-effective alternative to sodium hypochlorite and bleaching powder for all sorts of chlorination applications.
5. Bentonite powder – bentonite powder makes a smooth paste when comes into the contact of water.
Important cosmetic or medical uses:
• Removes skin impurities such as oil and toxin products
• Treats oily skin and acne problems
• It is present in many skincare products
• Detoxifies skin
• Treats poison ivy related allergic reactions
• It is found in drinks or food items for offering digestive relieve by releasing toxins from the body
• Benefits in losing weight
• Relieves constipation
• Treats diarrhea and other virus affected digestive problems
• Treats diaper rash in babies
• It protects harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun and thus it is an important ingredient of sunscreen cosmetic products.
All the popular chemical powder suppliers in Cuttack and other states in India provide all these products at affordable rates.
This entry was posted on March, 20, 2020 at 15 : 10 pm and is filed under Chemical. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.